Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wandering aimlessly in airy fairy land

I can't believe it's almost a fortnight since I posted.

Everything is fine here - the two girls have taken new educational establishments pretty much in their stride and Nick just bumbles along enjoying any challenges the teachers may throw at him

Work for me is (so far) better than the summer term - it couldn't have been worse! Still keeping an eye open for something else but not worrying too much - however I do feel I'm sort of running on only three of the four cylinders at the moment, kind of like wandering in a fog. The most surprising thing is that it doesn't seem to be bothering me which is not normal for me. Maybe eventually something important I've missed will come along and bite me on the bum :o) and shock me back into my usual buzzing state.

Work for Nigel is a much less manic so he's less stressed - maybe that's contributing to this air of apathy.

I suppose things have been happening in the Bebbington household over the past couple of weeks.

Hurray!!! - we now have a completed front drive! After almost two years the job is completed - the black tarmac area is the job completed - ehat a relief after the building site it has been - ignore the borders they need a jolly good sort out. Now his Lordship has started to dig up the back lawn in readiness for my paved Italianate piazza style garden-to-be :o)
Sarah is back into her rugby, ever the clown in the front row - this means it must be autumn despite the glorious sunshine for Sunday's match - I can't say I've ever actually seen Cullompton without a howling gale and torrential rain before :o)
Plus I've managed a little stitching - the September birthday block was to be a house in warm coloured batiks - it went off in the post today.

Sadly our next door neighbours' cat passed away last weekend - we were all upset but Louise was heartbroken. We'd really got used to his little 'respite from the toddlers' visits - unfortunately Nigel is still shouting a big NO!!! on getting a cat ourselves and I do feel it has to be a unanimous yes vote so we won't be getting one in a hurry much to Louise's disgust.

So here at Chez Bebbs we bumble along and as long as nothing gets overlooked I'm quite enjoying wandering aimlessly in this waffly state

It can't possibly last!










19 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Sorry to hear about the neighbours cat...so sad.

Melanie said...

Nice catching up with you... Love the Rugby uniforms. The quilt block fits...Have you see the movie 'Holiday'? Never easy to lose a prt... they really do fill our hearts...

Clare said...

Oh no - not another Blogland cat! Hugs to Louise. Ask Nigel if he'll put up with a hamster or guinea pig (ducking and running away very fast!).

I always find it takes a few weeks to get back into the swing of things after the summer break. We are still in limbo land, but getting back to normality at a pace!

Love that house - perhaps houses are going to replace the hearts??

sewkalico said...

It must be the long summer break! It's not like you to not be zany or bubbly!!!! Whatever shall we do with you??
Hurry back, I miss you already!

Joy said...

Your driveway looks great. Sorry about your neighbour's kitty ... so sad.
We solved our 'catless' situation by buying a kitty for DH's birthday ;o). He was too sweet to refuse a pressy ;o). Sneaky I know, but it worked - that was over 10 years ago and although he doesn't like to admit it, he loves her!!

meggie said...

Blame it on the changing seasons! I seemed to get very down, but am up again now.
RIP the lovely cat.

Sal said...

Hi..I used to find it so hard going back to school to teach, after the summer hols..now I work at home and it is much less stressful!!

P.S. Yes, I remember passing through Kinnersley! ;-)

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

I`m asking to all the Bloggers to support our dear FRIEND Mandy!
Please do come over, and DO LEAVE A COMMENT!

Kisses
Debbie Moss

Thanks so much for your SUPPORT!

loulee said...

Sorry to hear about the puss.

Your house looks great, your appliqué always does.

Lynda said...

I don't think the weather has helped anyone feel motivated about anything, it's so dreary. Once we get into Autumn proper, I'm sure we'll all feel better.

alice c said...

I find that counting the shopping days until Christmas raises the adrenalin levels nicely.

Jeanne said...

Good to hear from you! Those 'regular' times are nice, aren't they? Just drifting along through life :)
Jeanne

Holly said...

It's tough losing a pet especially one that preferred your company to the owner's much of the time. So sorry. Your house looks wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing this garden you speak of.

Libby said...

Oh you just never know when another kitty will come along and adopt you *s*

julieQ said...

I am sorry you lost your visiting friend, that is sure a loss. Your children sound like they are settling right in to school and the routine again. I love your cottage applique, it is just so cute!

Tanya said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your neighbor's cat too! I enjoyed his brief visits to your blog. Ah well, husbands tend to not like cats but if one finds its way into the man's heart then he becomes the biggest fan. Maybe someday...

JuliaB said...

Hello

I've been partnerned with you for the French Knots Christmas Swap and have linked to you from my blog. Hope to 'meet' you soon.

Julia

Kathleen said...

Missing you around blogland. Hurry back.

Nursedude said...

Always sad to lose an animal. We were just gutted when we put our 12 year old Golden Retriever down in the spring. But we adopted a 4 year old Pyrenees from Animal rescue, who, in spite of being a female, has the more masculine name of Basil. Go Figure.