Friday, August 29, 2008

The bag's done too :o)

The house is back to normal - the boy has returned and his waspy younger sister was picking fights with him from the minute he returned. I think this may have been due to jealousy on her part as his hosts had taken him to a football match on the Tuesday evening and to London to visit the Science Museum for the day on Wednesday.
This was very kind of them but a far cry from the local swimming baths and a video and pizza at home that he did when he came to us last year. We might have to be a bit more imaginative when he comes to us again next year.
Sadly our youngest seems to have been dealt a larger envy gene than her siblings and it makes for a not very pleasant attitude at times. Still she has to learn that you can't have everything in life and apart from an overdose of the untidiness gene it seems to be her only fault.
Apart from meeting Nigel a couple of junctions up the motorway to relieve him of our son - he'd collected him on the return from a visit to a supplier up in Birmingham and couldn't really spare the time to divert via Taunton on the return leg - I had a very productive day yesterday.
I made the bag for Linda's swap - completely from start to finish
All done!
Amazing what a little bit of ric-rac and a few buttons can do to that humble bit of stitchery
I've based it on a bag I made for myself just after I started blogging, which in turn, I think, was from a bag that Dawn had featured.
The base shape is an oval pyrex casserole dish from my kitchen.
The body of this bag is taller than mine - but probably will be just right for carrying an A4 folder or some quilting books
I hope the recipient likes it - I'm rather sad to let it go.

24 comments:

Gina said...

What a great bag.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Sue Krekorian said...

Gorgeous bag: lucky recipient! Sympathy on sniping sister. Oh well, families are great places for opportunities to learn lessons about conflict and compromise....

Ali Honey said...

Love the bag - well done - all in a day too!

Joyce said...

The bag is gorgeous. I like the way you have used buttons where the handles are attached.
I have one daughter who has a problem with envy. She's in her 40's now and it's still there. Must be a personality trait.

Melanie said...

Awesome bag--- the rick-rack makes it!!! It's not always easy working with siblings... but it will make talks around the Christmas tree when they get older and have kids of their own.

May Britt said...

It's a beuty. I understand you don't want to give it away. I hope you're sending it my way :)

Clare said...

At least we don't have the sibling porblem, but I do sympathise.

If it was me I wouldn't want to be parted from that bag either. It's gorgeous

sewkalico said...

Gosh, you're going great guns! Great bag!
It's hard being the youngest, but she's a good kid!

Pat said...

Beautiful Bag. Your partner will be very happy with it!

cathleen said...

Very pretty bag. You did a great job.

Rose Marie said...

A great bag and love the colours and stitchery. It can come to my home any time! :o)

Margaret said...

Anne I haven't heard the word "Waspish" for years. Do you have Irish descendants ? My Great Grandmother came from Macroom and we are told she had a waspish temper,bringing up five boys and one daughter in a slab hut in country Victoria could make you waspish. Anyway I do like your bag.

Margaret said...

Anne I haven't heard the word "Waspish" for years. Do you have Irish descendants ? My Great Grandmother came from Macroom and we are told she had a waspish temper,bringing up five boys and one daughter in a slab hut in country Victoria could make you waspish. Anyway I do like your bag.

meggie said...

It is a lovely bag! How could it not be loved!
Our daughter has the green gene too. It is something I really don't understand, & feel it is a sad one. She struggles to overcome it though.

loulee said...

What an adorable bag! I'm jealous!

Libby said...

As the youngest growing up, it was always hard for me to grasp that one day . . . someday, I would be able to do the things that the older one was doing that seemed so very appealing. It's just so doggoned hard to wait *s*

Tazzie said...

Gosh Anne, the bag is just lovely, I know the lucky recipient will adore it.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Tanya said...

It is beautiful and the stitching as aways is lovely.

Some of us have that untidy gene, some the envy gene. I know my niece got both too and it is hard to convince her that she isn't Cinderella (before the ball.)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow that was quick! Beautiful little bag! and useful too!

Vickie E said...

Great bag!

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute bag...love the ric-rac on it.

McIrish Annie said...

Lovely bag, what a great idea to incorporate that little heart stitchery. I'm sure if I dig around I'll find some bits like that to use!

maria said...

Hi, I saw the bag on the recipients blog. It's lovely. I am so impressed that you made it in a day. I started mine a while ago and it's still not finished. It has to be sent by Friday!

picperfic said...

oh it's beautiful, I posted my bag off today...I am rather nervous about it too, as mine is a bit different to others...Iwill post about it when she has received it!