Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All scarved out............

.............. and onto stitchy things
I've exhausted my supply of scarf wool - knitted the lot - seven in total

I shan't knit any more for now as the local shop has no other colour alternatives and I can't be bothered to hike 30+minutes to another town to pick up more from the Saturday afternoon market
So as Kate is organising another round of her quilt swap, and as I tentatively signed up for it, plus the deadline is looming at the end of this month, I decided to give it a go
Applique it is then
And life does have it's way of throwing surprises in your path
I bought this teeny bunch of daffs for £1.50 from a local supermarket on Sunday morning expecting them to all be yellow with orange trumpets
Obviously not - what a delight to watch and see how each one turns out :)

4 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

ooh daffodils...does this mean spring is on its way?

Can't wait to see your appliqué...your stitching is always so pretty...

Can I ask you a quick question?...What method do you use for marking the placement of your pieces? Do you mark the background fabric or do you have some other method? I've never figured this one out and have bee struggling with a appliqué block that needs to have rather precise placement.

Unknown said...

I'll answer this on here Jane as well as emailing you as other people might be interested - I don't ever specifically place my pieces - all my creations are organic - I just stitch the next thing on judging it sort of by eye and see where it goes as I never use a pattern - however Anne Wigfull on BQL used to do loads of Baltimore Applique and I vaguely remember her talking about overlays made from overhead projector clear acetate sheets so you could lay them on top of your block and slip the next piece under until it sits in the right place - but I've never used this method as you know me 'maverick' to the end - just chuck it on and hope for the best :)

Nines said...

Daffodils are my favorite. Such a welcome sight after a long, cold winter. Looking forward to May. I must say that your scarves are the prettiest I have ever seen. just beautiful. I also have a thing for scarves and I wear them all the time- even around the house- they really keep the chill off.

Meggie said...

Oh, how pretty those flowers are!