Wednesday, March 19, 2014

I've been...............

............. a busy old bee here at Chez Bebbs

As I said in my last post all those new babies need quilts

So a stitching I will go.............

The three babies of work colleagues are to be two little blue versions and one little pink

So the first quilt I'd started was a pink version



This cute owl fabric was the starting point



And a not quite enough of the lighter pink meant a rethink and the centre blocks sport a deeper pink to match the other owls

The second quilt is based round a blue fabric with lots of vehicles on it that I bought on the market in Den Bosch in the Netherlands last year on holiday - such a wonderful array of reasonably priced fabrics that were quite different to anything we get here in the UK



I decided to work a bigger scaled version of the ring of friendship stars I'd tried earlier this year


 Then I thought I'd like to work on something simple but striking and this easy-peasy block in blues and yellows was just the ticket for the little boy of Louise's college friends



Lots of them together with a yellow border and there we a go

Then I turned my attention back to my last colleague and her little boy


I found a piece of fabric with some sweet little blue and orange cats on and thought I'd work on a design to use it



I love sawtooth stars - they always make me smile

All well and good until I spoke to the Teaching Assistant who works with this particular teacher and she happened to mention that dinosaurs was the theme for the nursery



And I just happened to have another piece of fabric bought on the same market on holiday with little brightly coloured dinosaurs all over it

Bonnie Hunter's Star Struck pattern popped into my mind for this one



So here we are

That's four of the five quilt tops all done

The parents of the last baby have chosen not to know the gender so I shall probably make a male and a female orientated quilt and give her whichever one fits once baby arrives - who knows the cat sawtooth stars may well fit the bill for one of them

Watch this space on that

Some while ago I started work on a two colour design in purple and pale grey

As the blocks went together I decided that rather than making a full smaller lap quilt with it I would use it to make a runner for the bottom of our bed as our bedroom is purple



Nigel is holding it up folded in half so you can see how wide it will be



And last but not least I finished the top in red and white that I was making for Louise's best friend's birthday next month

Sandwiching this will have to be my next job as her birthday is only a couple of weeks away

Busy busy busy!!!!!

6 comments:

Shirley said...

Goodness Anne, did you manage to sleep too. What very lucky babies. Keep up the good work.

loulee said...

Goodness, you have been busy!

Kate North said...

In particular, that blue and yellow one is great...

Jeanne said...

A wonderful assortment -- you've been very busy!

Plum Cox said...

OMG! Are you sure that you are still holding down a job as well? You have been super busy - and choosing such lovely designs too! Lots of lucky parents in your circle, then.

Anonymous said...

Nice post and I really like all different designs of quilting work. Thanks for sharing.
prp therapy
acne treatment london