Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Stopping to draw breath



I've just managed to find five minutes to look back in at my own blog and realise I've not posted since last Friday - what a whirlwind few days it's been ......phew!

Friday afternoon saw us erecting the show - four solid hours, not helped by the fact that the lady who was supposed to be in charge decided (bit of a misnomer there) that decisions weren't her thing! Don't you just love people like that. This coupled with the fact that no-one else would do so either in case they trod on someone else's toes meant that eventually my patience ran out and I just had to very diplomatically take the bull by the horns and start getting the show on the road.

Never mind with plenty of willing onlookers and the extremely capable hands of my eldest DD up and down the stepladders we finally got all the quilts hung by 6pm and the sales table and refreshments sorted for the next morning

Two solid days with about 150 visitors in total gave us the final wonderful sum of over £450 (over $800) to pass onto the charity we were supporting (the new Radiotherapy unit at our local hospital)

I can certainly vouch for the fact that, on the Sunday evening, those quilts came down a whole lot faster than they went up!

The picture is the finished collection of streamers all gathered together looking rather lovely, which reminds me I didn't take that particular exhibit down so am unsure where my contribution ended up on Sunday night (mental note to chase that up when we all get back together again in September)

My parents joined us Sunday afternoon and as DH is off work this week we've been out and about each day - we're all heading off to Devon for a week this coming Saturday so my postings may be a bit haphazard up to the end of the month as we have the oldies here til 27th and my sister and her two teenage children will pass them in the doorway to stay up to the 30th - the beds will hardly have chance to get cold!

Then believe it or not we will then have only a few days until we're all back at school on the 4th September (me in my new job) and that's the summer break over for another year - where has the time gone to?

I'll endeavour to put up a few more of the show quilts before the weekend - a good proportion of them were mine that you've seen before but there are some other lovelies in there for you to enjoy.

6 comments:

quiltpixie said...

he streamers turned out well. Hope yours turns up without a lot of chasing...

Cynthia said...

Glad the show went well. The streamers look nice. Hope you do find yours.

ForestJane said...

The streamers look neat!

Now that the show's over, are you all going to get your own back or will they be hung up at the charity that's getting the money?

The Calico Cat said...

I like those streamers. Did you do the rainbow streamers too or only cream... after seeing the cream colored streamers & your mention of going to Devon - All I can think of is "Devon Cream"

The quilt under the streamers in so interesting! (I have seen that pattern done differently - but that one was really striking!)

Quilts And Pieces said...

The streamers are so lovely. I can't wait to see more pictures from the show - even if they are yours and we've seen them before!

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done Anne - sometimes you've just got to chuck diplomacy out the window and take charge!!

Glad it went so well - the local radiology unit will be thrilled!