Wooohooo - not such a technophobe after all - well at least I managed to download some photos onto DH's laptop anyway!
The 'person' photo shows the determination of DD1 to continue using the computer despite being advised to elevate and ice her sprained ankle - would that I could get my leg up that high never mind use the computer :o(
Still it shows her determination - it seems to have paid off and she's almost back to normal again - she will have to take it steady at County training tomorrow and work with it well strapped but it appears she will be ok for the Talent Identification Day on Wednesday.
The other photos show all the work I've been merrily putting in on my group ostrich.
The initial row was 'Stars' which I've shown you before and needs to be completed by 1st November
Then after that I'm giving them 'Circles or any part thereof' - for this I did Jockey's Cap I think they're called.
I'm surrounding each row with 3/4" borders and then separating them with a 3" sand coloured strip with the heart, leaves and berries design you see just in the centre.
The third part will be 'Nine Patch or other squares' - for this I did nine patch with four patch in amongst
Then the fourth part will be 'Bias Strips' - they can choose to use these however they wish and a few of them want to learn Celtic knotwork - I felt that Celtic knotwork wouldn't really fit in with the overall theme of my quilt so plumped for using the bias strips as stems for my flowers
Out of the seven parts this one will be the middle one so I can allow it to be different from the other six which are made up of 7 x 6" blocks set in a line with 3/4" sashings between them
I have decided on themes for the other three months but I shall keep you in suspense until I've completed them
So far the quilt will be - from the top working down - stars, jockey's cap, nine patch, and applique flowers with bias stems
I'm a bit naughty working my way through ahead of everyone but I'm enjoying it so much I can't bear to put it down and of course my excuse is it's nice to have my part completed when I announce what the next part will be.
This of course is why I'm not fully assembling the thing as I go or else they'd get clues about the following part before their time :o)