Friday, September 11, 2009

and then there were blue flowers....

Over the past couple of nights I've worked the nine flowers onto the cornerstones between the flying geese

I've merely transposed the colour placement of the wreath flowers and used slightly different fabrics

Now onto the next round................

I really wasn't sure what I wanted to do but knew that I didn't want to butt up more coloured piecing against those flying geese

But then I also didn't want to do a plain border all the way round with just applique..........

Compromise!

Pieced corners and appliqued sides...........

How does this look for the corner blocks? Most unlike me to start drafting out patterns on paper with coloured pencils being a cut it and wing it sort of a girl

And then although I said I didn't want coloured piecing next to the flying geese I don't have enough of any one cream to do all four sides so I think I just might piece the cream background panels for the applique

OK - Enthusiasm fired again - must dash, I've an appointment with the rotary cutter before I head into work at 9.30am

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Love it - whatever you do it will look brilliant I am sure. I'll e-mail you a pic of my latest offering - not up to your standards but It's coming!

Jane

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!

Paula, the quilter said...

The colors are so nice and soft in this quilt. I always seem to make 'guy' colored quilts. But then, I have no girls (little or big) in my life so it makes sense I would do quilts for boys.

Lily Mulholland said...

This will be a very pretty quilt Anne. Love your block drawing.

loulee said...

I love the colours in this one. I love that you wing it, your creativity really gets to shine. I'm not much for following patterns either.