Monday, September 07, 2009

Projects old and new.............

................... have been worked on throughout the summer break and since our return.

'Batik Baskets' now sports a completely hand stitched vine all the way round the 10" border, all undertaken during some wonderful 'me' time on Sark when everyone else was off yomping round the island.
The major task of adding all the leaves and berries is now underway.
Plus a new project is ongoing - soft, gentle colours mixed with a variety of creams - hand appliqued wreaths surrounded by flying geese for starters.
Inspiration for the next round will no doubt come to me - probably at 4 o'clock in the morning.

8 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Your applique is just beautiful! Glad you had some "me" time and spent it well! ;o)

Marigold Jam said...

I love your pale shaded quilt. I am sad to say I have had no me time lately having had visitors here for 10 days and I am now to exhausted to do more than have a nice lie-down! Am due to go for another patchwork lesson on Thursday though so hope to get back to doing it again.

Jane

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

So lovely. I haven't forgotten your challenge to me. One of these days . . . .

sewkalico said...

Your work is as always beautiful! In fact I could do with some advice...

loulee said...

Well that all looks quite delightful.

Quirky said...

I always say that a vacation without quilting is just another form of work... I'm glad you got a chance to play while on vacation!

Unknown said...

Beautiful ! I just wanted to pop in and sauy hello I am in Trowbridge so practically your neighbour !!

Melanie said...

Beautiful applique. I never have really been a fan of Batiks--- but I LOVE what you are doing with them in that quilt! Have a good week.