Friday, January 25, 2008

Stitching and YOU make my day :o)

Kimberley and Loulee have both very kindly awarded me the 'You make my day award'

Now I have to pick people who make mine - gosh this is so difficult, I read lots and lots of blogs even if I don't comment every time I drop in, I learn about quilting and other crafts, I get a fascinating insight into other people's ways of life, I laugh with some, cry with others and I feel my life in definitely enriched by all this.

So......................

I'm going to take the chicken's way out and say......................


All of you

I can't emphasise enough how much I enjoy being part of this blogging world - my family smile at me and indulge me 'Mum's talking to her imaginary friends again' but they're always interested to look at photos about what's happening to you in other parts of the UK and the big wide world out there.
So thank you to all of you for sharing and caring ....................


YOU ALL MAKE MY DAY!!!
And so onto quilty things
I've been stitching my little heart out in front of the television that past few nights..........
and Voila!!!!!!
I've gone for little sayings to fill the cream spaces, and some numbers to compliment the alphabet too
Now onto the next round of plaid piecing
In the words of the inimitable Rolf Harris........
'Can you guess what it is yet?'

16 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow, wow, wow, wow! The embroidery just makes that quilt sing!! I just love how it is turn out!
If you ask me, I think you should do a little tutorial on that beautiful stitching...hint hint! ..I have no idea when I'll be in the vicinity of Taunton for my private lesson ;o)
Every time I see these pretty stitcheries I want to have a go...and then I'm reminded by the DD how much trouble I had with embroidering a few eyes on some ginger men...Is there any hope for me?

Juliann in WA said...

I love your stitchery quilt. Great ideas. Not sure what is next but I look forward to seeing it.

atet said...

Oooh -- that stitchery is just coming along beautifully! I love what you decided to put in the white spaces. Just perfect!

sewprimitive karen said...

Tell your kids we are as real as can be :-).

Lynda said...

This looks really lovely and is a reminder to all of us who love frame quilts - they can get too big to handle if you aren't careful! This one looks the perfect size.

hortenzita said...

Is it a rag quilt, it isn't?

Libby said...

Great idea to use the numbers . . . I just enjoy seeing this piece so much each time you share. Can't wait to see what's next.

Pat said...

Your little stitchery has grown. I love what you have done to it. The details make it so lovely. I am excited to see it finished. You are doing a wonderful job.

YankeeQuilter said...

This is wonderful! A great mix of quilting and stitching.

meggie said...

I think every one of your quilts is a work of art. This one is outstanding.

Karen said...

I like your quilt! The stitchery really makes it.

Chookyblue...... said...

hey catching up on several post.....wow love you alphabet it is looking really good.......

Sweet P said...

Your stitchery quilt gets better and better everytime you show it.

DH likes to hear about life in other parts of the world just like your children. The internet has certainly changed the way we look at the world, hasn't it?

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Love it and as for those smile...precious

corry said...

Wow, what a fantastic quilt! I love the stitchery in the middle and the borders around.....so pretty!

Holly said...

It's beautiful! You could sell your own patterns.