Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Four Seasons Spring Quilt ready for sandwiching

Ta daaaa!!!!!!!!!!


I've completed all the stitchery on my Spring Four Seasons quilt top
I started it and really enjoyed the first little bit - then when I looked at the top and realised how much there was to do I went through one of those 'Oh no, I've bitten off more than I can chew here' moments as my boredom threshold zoomed up at break neck speed on the ever nearing horizon
But I stuck with it and here it is........
Done! Now to sandwich and quilt.
Nick had a great day this last Sunday.
His football team had to win their last match to beat last year's winners Bishops Lydeard to win their football (soccer) league
They were playing another very strong team, Heathfield, and most of the boys from Bishops Lydeard were coming to watch the game and cheer on the opposition to thwart us
However it was not to be for them as Nick's team won the match 4 - 1
Here are the victorious team with my red-headed lad in the middle of the front row
Sadly I missed the game as I had to take Sarah to Cullompton for regional training but Daddy got to watch and cheer from the sidelines instead
Mind you never was there such an excited boy as the one that bounced out of the house to greet us on our return :o)))))

19 comments:

Libby said...

Yeah for Nick's team!

Your 4SS top is just darling *s*

Stacy A. said...

You have done a beautiful job on your spring quilt. The embroidery makes it really special. I am a brand new quilter, and have started the Dear Jane. When I look at the big picture, it seems like a crazy thing to do but I think if I go one block at a time, I will learn a ton. Your blocks make it look so easy. I cant wait to see more of your blocks...and quilts. Take care.

Hedgehog said...

Your stitchery never ceases to amaze me. Way to go with the Spring Four Seasons top!

Jeanne said...

Your Spring quilt is exquisite -- so gentle and springy! Beautiful stitchery, as always!
Jeanne :)

YankeeQuilter said...

I love the contrast in your post...a very pretty, delicate pink block and then the victorious rugby-playing red-headed boy! Just makes me smile!

meggie said...

Spring quilt is just gorgeous!

Congrats to Nick's team.

Andrea said...

Fantastic stitching Anne. Are you sure you have a job as well ? Good for Nick and his team - is he down off cloud 9 yet ?

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your son.
The 4SSQ already done. Well you were fast! And the top looks so lovely. The combination of patchwork and stitchery is becoming a favorite of mine too. Take care.

Unknown said...

Congratulations to your son.
The 4SSQ already done. Well you were fast! And the top looks so lovely. The combination of patchwork and stitchery is becoming a favorite of mine too. Take care.

Emily Cole said...

I love your 4SS quilt top! It's beautiful - the stitching is wonderful. I am glad you stuck with it. Horray for Nick's soccer team!

Sweet P said...

ooooooo . . . I love your spring quilt. It is simply divine.

Mom said...

your partner's going to love this; its amazing!

Lynda said...

I must admit, it's difficult sometimes to be realistic. My first machine-quilted quilt was over quilted and used miles of threads and hours and hours of work. Be sensible is my maxim - you can always add more later. Still, glad you went for it on your quilt - it looks gorgeous.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Very pretty

Lily Mulholland said...

Anne your 4SQ is beautiful. You are shaming me into getting going on mine!

Kate North said...

I like your four seasons piece Anne - might actually get mine put together next week. It won't have nearly as much stitchery on it, though!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow, just trying to do some catch up today....
Yeah for Nick's team! How wonderful! And I love your spring quilt! All you girls who do such beautiful stitchery! I"m jealous!

nancy said...

Hi. I'm in the 4 Seasons Quilt swap for the first time and am trying to visit the sites of the other entrants as I can. I have enjoyed looking at your work! Your Spring quilt is so very nice!Nancy

Nursedude said...

Congrats to your son's team. Seeing that team picture reminds me of when I was coaching my son and daughter's football(soccer) teams. It's a fun age to work with.