Friday, March 14, 2008

We have to stitch the strangest things

The plaid phase hasn't gone in this house yet - I've come to a stall on my proverbs quilt, basically because I can't be bothered to work out the maths on the next round yet
However I started to play with some 2.5" squares the other day for a mini quilt from an inkling of an idea I'd seen somewhere on the internet
And here we are the centre for a teeny little quilt - it's not quite as PINK as it seems in the photo - the lighting wasn't brilliant
I still have borders to add - maybe this afternoon and then it can be quilted
As for strange sewing - one of the girls' coaches often gets roped in to referee some of Sarah's club games and rarely has a whistle on him - a bit of a drawback in that role.
So when we were in town last Saturday we bought a couple of ref's whistles to keep with the kit. Of course they didn't have any ribbon/string on them to hang round the neck so I recycled some I'd taken off something somewhere some time ago.
However I thought I'd personalise it in an attempt to ensure that our whistles don't wander
If you look closely you'll see I've free machine written 'Taunton Fillies' along the length of each ribbon in bright pink.
Hopefully the boys teams won't want to pinch them with girlie ribbons on :o)

11 comments:

loulee said...

Great idea on the whistle ribbons!

The little heart quilt looks sweet, I must have visited the same place as you at some time, I've been toying with a similar idea.

dutchcomfort said...

Sorry for my lack of visiting. I can’t seem to keep up with all you busy blogging people!
Love the hearts quilt!

Clare said...

Lovely hearts and great idea for the whistle ribbons.

Libby said...

No boy would want to be called one of the Fillies . . . or have it spelled out in pink thread *s* Hopefully the whistles will remain safe.

YankeeQuilter said...

Great way to keep track of the whistles! I can't believe how neatly you stitch!

Fiona said...

That's going to be a very sweet little quilt - and you can never tire of plaids (in my opinion.

sewkalico said...

Both very cute!
ps I'm bouncing replying to you again, in case you think I don't reply to you...

meggie said...

Good foil for the whistle ribbons!

Your little sweethearts are cute!

atet said...

Those whistle ribbons are a wonderful idea! And those hearts? adorable :0). Though, I must admit that I am IN LOVE with your four seasons swap piece -- it isn't coming to the cornfields by any chance?!?

McIrish Annie said...

All of your bright springy work is causing me to take a look around for a similar project. Have been lazy lately about quilting and posting! I see you are hard at work!

Tanya said...

Wow! You are good! How did you do that on such narrow ribbon, vertically (or fed horizonally?) and in such pretty cursive writing? Great job!