Friday, April 18, 2008

High jinks, lots more hearts and more post

I've managed to glean some of the girls tour photos from the rest of the party - they just had such a ball!
Breakfast table with Sarah third from left
Dance floor antics

The Blue Smartie Brigade - ready for the zip wire - Sarah's at the back on the left

And a change into the Red Smartie Brigade waiting to ascend Jacob's Ladder - Sarah in green teeshirt with intense look on face!
At the very top of the Jacob's Ladder - Sarah is on the left maneouvring her mate Cat round with her feet about 30ft up in the air watched by the other Sarah on the right - all thankfully safely roped up to save spectating parents from major heart failure!

And then onto more mundane quilty stuff

A lovely box of goodies from Lisa in the states in exchange for a little hearts quilt - I promise I'm working on it Lisa - shouldn't be too long now :o)

I just love the pin cushion that came with the fabrics

Lots more hearts to make into completed quilts - anyone who'd like to trade just drop me a mail - I'll happily post anywhere
Tanya did ask me if I could work out how many hearts I'd actually appliqued onto these little quilts so far - think I'm up to 240 so far!
And here's an almost completed one waiting for buttons - I love this combination of pale blue and sand.
Finally the old piggyosaurus was pignapped for a new hairstyle last night - "bored husband in front of the tv syndrome" - perhaps I should teach him how to applique hearts :o)))

13 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

What sort of sport or team is that, up on wires? Looks amazing! Thank goodness for the ropes to protect them.

The pig's new hairdo looks adorable!

Locket Pocket said...

Wow! Your heart quilts are amazing - you have sewn so many! Lucy x

Libby said...

Oh I would love to venture a zip line someday *s*

sewkalico said...

Wow! You are doing a roaring 'trade' with those lovely quilts. Perhaps I should commission another for a wedding gift for friends, but then you have all my tradeables already LOL

ps You never did say if that letter went down ok?

Fiona said...

I'm in awe - I just can't even imagine sewing down that many hearts (and even if I did they certainly wouldn't be straight).

Fiona said...

I'm in awe - I just can't even imagine sewing down that many hearts (and even if I did they certainly wouldn't be straight).

McIrish Annie said...

Your piggy's hairdo is RAD! and 240 hearts wow!@!

Lily Mulholland said...

But where's the photo of Anne on the hire wire?

That's a lot of hearts - I think you should definitely rope in Nigel :)

Lynda said...

The little heart quilts look gorgeous. It must be very satisfying using up scraps of coordinating colours to produce such lovely results.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

That would have been some trip!!!
Great mail and lots of great heart quilts, I am very fortunate, I have one already!!!
The swap quilt looks fantastic, Tracey

Chookyblue...... said...

those heart quilts are great......enjoy making them.......

Nursedude said...

What a fun trip! I just had to settle for the usual rugby and beer on Saturday!

Then again, a bunch of guys trying to do the zip wire after having had the juice of the barley is probably not a good idea.

Doing a zip line is a gas-I did one years ago when I was in the US Air Force during basic training.

Tanya said...

Your heat output is amazing! Thanks for counting those up!

Sarah can look so feminine in some pictures and so "brawny" in others! Such fun for the people around her I'm sure. Never know what to expect from her, huh?