In between being busy painting countless walls and balancing monthly reconciliations at work (Month 8 balanced first time - yeah!!! Month 9 a WIP - mmmm) I have managed to start constructing the baby quilt centre.
For some reason though I only made enough 6" blocks for a 5 x 5 design - no idea why, I really wanted a 5 x 7 layout so I have 4 more flower blocks and 6 more QST's in the pipeline.
No stitching today though as both football and rugby were cancelled because of the torrential rain and high winds last night which had waterlogged the pitches. Not a good idea taking the girls or boys swimming!
So we left Nick and Lou to their own devices with friends and Sarah came along with Nigel and I to paint, paint, paint.
The flat comprises of lounge, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom and large hallway.
The gloss is all in pretty good condition so as time is of the essence we decided not to touch that up so it's been emulsion, emulsion, emulsion
We've made such great progress this weekend that we now only have a final coat on the kitchen walls with once round their edges, plus once round the bottom edge of both lounge and bedroom and a final coat plus edges in the hallway left to do. It's so much easier painting an empty property with no furniture to move or carpets to protect.
Great strides - it's all starting to come together. Mind you I can't half feel my shoulders!
Sarah was a total brick today spending all day laid on the floor doing the first coat round the bottom of the lounge and bedroom - a job I hate as I'm such an ungainly lump that getting on and off the floor is a noisy and cumbersome operation - Nigel laughs at me grunting about down there - she just made the job so easy by comparison.
As for the baby quilt - well all was going great guns until..............
I realised the 'deliberate' mistake
Guess that means some reverse stitching - oh how I hate unpicking :o(