Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A little more Christmas progress




Having Louise at home yesterday gave me the perfect excuse to stitch away to my heart's content. She's better this morning which means that sadly I'll have to go in to work at 10.30 :o(

My SIL (brother's wife) loves fairies - she's never a problem to buy for as this is her main love plus she makes handmade cards so I can always get her supplies for that too.

I picked up some Christmas Flower Fairies fabric earlier in the year specifically with her in mind.

Here you can see it forming the centre of these stars. The corner squares are a different fabric than the geese as I only had a FQ of the geese fabric but I think it looks ok.

Once I've got 8 of them completed they'll go together in a long line to make a long Christmas table runner - the type that goes the full length of the table and hangs down over each end. The burgundy fabric they're sitting on will form the sashing. I shall probably put an applique block in the middle with holly leaves and berries on a cream background and maybe even similar applique triangles at each end to make it finish in a 'V' shape.

Talking to my sister last night and gleaning the fact that my niece loves Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh gave me the idea of making her a quillow with an Eeyore on the front of the cushion. I've never made a quillow before but have some printed off instructions somewhere so I guess I'd better dig them out and give them a good read.

I know I'm a quick worker but I shall have my work cut out completing all the things I want to finish before Christmas - no pressure then!

12 comments:

jodie said...

Anne, I am NOT a quick worker and I can make a quillow so you will romp it in!

BTW The fairy fabric is very cute.

Jodie

Lily Mulholland said...

Anne I love your posts - learn something new every time. What, in fact, is a quillow? A quilted pillow? Huh?

Love the work you've done on that Christmas star fairy runner thingy! I think it will be very appreciated. Far out! Must find some time to work on my Christmas projects. After I finish the baby quilt. Yikes!

Clare said...

I love the fairy quilt - must show it to DD when she gets home this evening. She loves making cards too.

Lily Mulholland said...

Ohhhhhhh! Thanks Anne re quillow. What a cool idea!

Hedgehog said...

Gosh, you're ambitious! Love those Christmas fairies!

Joyce said...

THe table runner will be beautiful. Where did you find the pattern for a quillo? I'm thinking it might make a nice present for someone on my list.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Love your Christmas fairies - that would make a lovely Christmas quilt as well.

Quillows - nice and easy, I did one for my DS when he was 4 and did a train applique on the cover - even though it is not quilted, he'll still pull it out for TV some days.

How's the conservatory coming along?

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that will make a great table runner! And I love the quillow idea! I made a few of those way back when!

Fiona said...

Lovely and christmassy - personally I think that having the geese and the corner squares different adds to the effect!

ForestJane said...

Pretty christmas fairy fabric you found there! I bet she'll love it. :)

Anonymous said...

The fairy fabric is gorgeous - never seen anything like it over here! As a long tablerunner, it'll be wonderful :-)

Susan said...

Great blocks. I love the fairies, the way you did them, and I think having the two WOW fabrics makes the corners sparkle a bit.