Friday, November 10, 2006

Progress in several directions




Well the conservatory moves on a pace - you can see the footings are well and truly coming on - these photos were taken first thing yesterday morning and in fact he spent his time during the day putting down the damp proof membrane and then putting in the concrete floor slab. You can see DH in the background still in shorts in one photo - the weather has been pretty mild again after last week's cold snap. Probably just as well with concrete setting here and there.

Dad is home from hospital. It appears from the experts that they have sorted out his angiopathy and the fainting fits should be controlled with changed medication. They seem more concerned with his post heart attack care - I guess we just have to trust their judgement and hope they've got it right. Maybe it's just me being suspicious but I can't understand why they even mentioned the defibrillator when they'd already changed the medication but then I'm not a doctor - merely a very nosy lay person who likes to ask lots of questions and get good honest answers - after all how do you know what you're dealing with if they won't let you 'into the club' ?

He was very, very weary at home last night and didn't even want to talk on the phone which is quite understandable - however he did tell mum that his chest feels 100% better than it has been for some time so they've obviously sorted something out. Only time will tell if they've covered the whole picture. I truly hope so!

The applique I showed you last time has miraculously developed into a bucket bag but minus the handles - they will go on next. The more I look at it and see other people's creations in blues and naturals, the more I really like the colour combination. Nick and Lou's teacher's wife had a baby boy on Tuesday night. None of us even knew she was expecting as he's kept the information out of the children's radar screen. However I may try and cobble together a baby quilt for them this weekend and as it's a little Lloyd I think blues and naturals would be rather nice - we'll see, still got to finish my sister's cushions to post on Monday.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Anne, I love that bag!!! Are they difficult to make? I'm challenged when it comes to reading and understanding patterns, but I would love to try to make a bucket bag. Also, would you mind sharing which pattern you used for your bag? :D

Libby said...

I would have never guessed the applique would turn into a bag -- it looks great. You can never have too many cute bags to carry quilting projects back and forth *s*

quiltpixie said...

the bag is wonderful! Whatever will you fill it with that can do justice to the quilting??? :-)

Fiona said...

I love that colour combination too! I like the way you have used an oval bottom rather than a round one - makes it a bit more practical I think. I have only made one bucket bag and it had a round bottom but I think if I ever made another I would try oval now I've seen yours.

tami said...

I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better. The bucket came out really great. What did you use for a pattern?

Doodlebug Gail said...

That's a really nice bag - I love the way you used the check on the bias for the binding.

So the conservatory work continues - I'll think good thoughts that all progresses at a good pace without any set backs.

This time last year I was in the middle of a huge renovation - we added a full second floor to our bungalow and lived in the basement throughout the project! And yes, I also wonder how I'm still sane - LOL.

Tazzie said...

Your bucket bag looks just gorgeous! I'm dying to make a bag sometime soon. Your conservatory sounds so exciting, please share as many pictures as you can of it's progress!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

The bag is great! I wondered what you were going to do with the applique. Might have to make one myself :-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Anne - your bag looks marvelous! I love what you did with it! And yes the colors are beautiful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

I hit publish too soon. I'm glad to hear your dad says his chest feels better.