Tuesday, July 10, 2007

And the butterflies complete the job

Well it's now just after 11.30pm here in Taunton

Can't you tell that DH is away - we'd normally have retired to bed by now

I really miss him when he's away but it is also quite nice to have a little time to myself to stitch and listen to music without the tv on

Don't get me wrong I enjoy the odd bit of 'chewing gum for the eyes' as much as the next person but he's much more of a 'telly addict' than I am. It wouldn't occur to him not to switch the tv on when he sits down to relax for the evening.

Anyway back to stitching - the reason I'm posting at this ungodly hour is...... it's finished!

The top is as done as it's ever going to be

I've pondered long and hard over whether to put an outer border on - my gut reaction is that quilts always need one or more borders. But this time it's almost as though I'm playing Devil's Advocate with myself and waking up my own personal Maverick to leave it as it is.

If you look on the close-ups you can see the little butterflies I've dotted about the place.

Onto the sandwiching this weekend and to quilting then to get it done and ready to post to my sister in the north of England to pass onto the new baby

17 comments:

meggie said...

I absolutely love that little quilt! Perfect for a little girl. I am sure it will be loved. And I think you are right, it doesnt need a border.

tami said...

That is a stunning little quilt. The butterflies are adorable. I agree no border needed.

Lindah said...

Oh, those little butterflies are the perfect finish.

~Bren~ said...

With each stage of that quilt I love it more. The butterflies are wonderful! Please show it quilted!

Libby said...

Yes, very excellent as is :). This quilt is really really sweet, perfect for a little princess...

Ruth's Place said...

It's beautiful, and I love the butterflies. I don't think it needs a border either.

Lily Mulholland said...

It was well worth staying up for :) Love the butterflies Anne.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

A sweet confection, it's completely lovely!

Melanie said...

Thw butterflies are the frosting on the cake!!! I love them...Darling quilt...

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

This is stunning, you are so amazing, it is just so pretty
Suzie Sews
PS BIG THANKS from me, I have just posted a thanks to you.

Andrea said...

One of the sweetest baby quilts I have ever seen. Your applique always adds such a lot to your quilts. Lovely !

sewkalico said...

The green in those beautiful butterflies matches the green in the pink fabric perfectly - brilliant!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Anne it looks fab and I still love those little butterflies...such a clever way to use hearts! (I remember them from your ostrich)

Unknown said...

This one is adorable, wow.

YankeeQuilter said...

The quilt is really cute. I know what you mean about missing your DH but enjoying having the house and time to yourself! (I love being able to leave my project laid out on the dining room table for a few days and not feeling guilty about it!)

atet said...

It's beautiful and those butterflies are a wonderful addition!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Me, I'd put on a border of the pink.
But that's just me,
Sally