Friday, July 06, 2007

A new baby grand-daughter

No don't panic - not for me :o)

But my sister's new partner Dave is slightly older than her and this week his son and daughter-in-law gave their little 4 year old boy Ben a brand new baby sister - Erica

I can't believe that my sister at almost 44 is a step-granny to two littlies

However never one to pass by the opportunity to start a new project I dug out a lovely cotton flowered skirt I'd picked up in a charity shop a few weeks ago and started cutting it up to make some flying geese with a white-on-white I bought whilst away last weekend

In totally predictable fashion what will I do with these geese but turn them into sawtooth stars for a baby quilt for little Erica

So that's what I'll be working on this weekend

7 comments:

Libby said...

What a wonderfully sweet project for the new baby *s*

Guðrún said...

This will be a lovely baby quilt.

meggie said...

How pretty that pink fabric is! Having news there is to be grand neice/nephew has got me all clucky, & wanting to get making a baby quilt.

Karen said...

LOVE them!

atet said...

That pink fabric is adorable! this quilt is going to be just precious.

Jane Weston said...

What sweet colours...look forward to seeing the progression :o)

Tanya said...

I am always amazed at the new projects you get started and finished in such a short amount of time. Looking forward to seeing the baby quilt develop!