Saturday, October 06, 2007

What a day for the rugby!!!

I'll apologise in advance for this girls - it's a strictly stitch-free zone tonight...........
You know I sat down in front of the tv this afternoon at 1.45pm feeling more than a little sick. If I felt that nervous heaven only knows how the boys in white felt.

And at the end of two amazingly thrilling quarter final matches today who would've predicted that two great Southern Hemisphere teams would've both been beaten by the slim margin of two points?

Still two points is a win in anyone's language and amazingly we get to play France next Saturday in Paris - not that that game will be a walkover you understand.

Tomorrow South Africa meet Fiji and Argentina take on Scotland - could there possibly be three of the '6 nations' teams in the semis - only time will tell.

But to all those doubting Thomas's who were sure our boys would be heading for the airport on Monday morning I say.............

Come on England - you did us all proud and we live to fight another day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Nick Easter (the England #8) said in a direct quote from Nick Faldo when interviewed by the BBC after today's game - "I thank the press and media for their support from the heart of my bottom" - that'll teach 'em to doubt us!!!

ps - I did actually do some stitching in and amongst bellowing ferociously at the television but I've not taken a picture to show you yet - I'll save that for another day :o)

8 comments:

Kate North said...

I didn't see the England game as I was at a quilting regional day, but I admit to cross-stitching during much of the NZ/France game (and am I the only one who really thinks the All Blacks should play in, well, all black?). Though I let DH do all the facetious bellowing...

meggie said...

Congrats to England!!
Gom was happy you won!

Lily Mulholland said...

I know how much the win means to you Anne! Thankfully I didn't have the same investment in the Crumblies (aka Wallabies)!

Anonymous said...

I'm for ENGLAND, too ! Cross our fingers (and toes!) xxxxxxxxxx

XOXOXOXO
Nadine

kcdi said...

Congratulations to England. I confess I've never actually seen a rugby game, but it does look exciting. And it is fun to see how excited you get!

Chookyblue...... said...

bugger they beat us guess I will have to go for South Africa now...........

Ali Honey said...

Our media are full of it today, ( that's no surprise) The semis should be interesting. I am not disclosing who I am cheering for here on in....a very unlikely side.

Yes, Katelnorth , all black would have been our preference.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I was watching the South Africa /Fiji game.... but wishing it was cricket.Working on hand sewing in between groans and whoops is tough on the fingers!On to the finals!Colleen in South Africa