Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Using up leftovers

I was wandering round the web and looking through my saved pictures the other day for a bit of inspiration and came upon a block pattern for a pretty star that I'm sure most of you are familiar with
In one of those 'Eureka!' moments I realised that four sections of the star were made of three quarter square triangles and lo and behold I had some left over from my plaid and proverbs quilt (which is still ongoing I might add)
So here we are a little bit of trimming and a bit more stitching - three plaid stars
I think these may become a table runner using the blocks on point and the blue check they're laid on to separate them
Still not tired of plaids...............

12 comments:

Clare said...

I love the blue plaid. I think it will look really good.

atet said...

What a lovely way to use up leftovers!

YankeeQuilter said...

Those look great. I feel the plaid craze calling me.....
Sio

meggie said...

Another brilliant idea!

Libby said...

What a great block. Do you really think it may be possible to tire of plaids . . . oh, I hope not *s*

Quilting Memories said...

Beautiful blocks and the plaid is just perfect. J

Lily Mulholland said...

What a great block and a great idea.

I laughed at the story of the part-emptied drink bottles!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh yes! I like those!

andsewtosleep said...

Hi Ann
lovely blocks - even better when you can use some fabric stash. I'm just packing for a quilting weekend in Cornwall where I plan to finish a couple of UFO's. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Mary

loulee said...

LOL I've heard of saving all the scraps in designated bins, strips here squares there.....but using them up as you go!

Seroiusly, you little runner idea looks great.

Holly said...

These pinwheel stars are lovely. I just love plaids any way you look at them. They give off a cheery warm feeling. Got a chuckle at your last post of all those drinking bottles! Kids will be kids.

Nettie said...

cool use of both plaids and leftovers.