Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's a wrap!



There's one big advantage to my husband being away in Spain overnight (lucky dog!) is that I can sit and stitch all evening without someone distracting me.
I must say I did have a quick smile when he phoned in to gloriously hot sunny Taunton from wet and miserable Madrid! He's been several times and has yet to see Spain's capital city in dry weather - tough old life eh?
So I stitched away and finished the binding on my Spring Fling - now it's ready to post to the last person on my list.
I even had time to finish the centre of my Another Little Quilt Swap quilt - now it's ready for borders
Sarah had her first written GCSE exam in Religious Studies yesterday and she thinks it went okay - one down, thirteen to go! Roll on 20th June and her final paper in Physics.
Louise has been busy all week with Key Stage 2 SATs exams but seems to be taking them all in her stride.
Nick has been revelling in the glorious weather we've been having - dashing home from school and getting changed on the hoof to dash out and play football with all his mates - aren't summer evenings just the business. Mind you the South West is wet and dreary this morning (that'll teach me for laughing at Nigel) - still at least I won't have to water the garden tonight - every cloud has a silver lining :o)
I have to make the May BQL bag before the end of the month and so that may well be the next thing on the horizon, plus both Nigel's parents and my parents have their Golden Wedding Anniversaries over the next two months and I thought I might make them each something.
Who would believe that the two sets of parents were married exactly four weeks apart, Nigel's parents have two sons and a daughter, my parents have two daughters and a son. Nigel and I were both born in 1960. Our next siblings, his brother and my sister were born in 1963 and finally our youngest siblings, his sister and my brother were born in 1969. Spooky eh?
I have seen a design for a cushion with an iris on done in stained glass applique using gold bias as the 'lead'. I'd quite like to do something like that - after all when you get to your 70's you really do have most things.

20 comments:

Clare said...

I love the hearts on this one. Reminds me of a sweet shop!

Best of luck to Sarah for the rest of the dreaded GSCE's, but I'm sure she'll do fine.

Mom said...

Your RR quilting is lovely. There's only one problem that I see...
It's not going to have my address on it!!

Juliann in WA said...

Look at how busy you have been and such bright, lovely colors. Well done.

sewkalico said...

Great RR and wonderfuil hearts (again!). I need to get a shake on with my bag too!

Libby said...

Great finish on the Round Robin . . . I love the label (a step I often leave out *s*)

Mad about Craft said...

The quilts are lovely.

Andrea said...

Brilliant quilting Anne - you had no need to worry. I love your heart quilt - they have all been great but this one is special. I wish this was coming to me. Perhaps it is ?

jovaliquilts said...

Two lovely quilts! The round robin came out really well -- I generally like those, though the thought of passing it around is terrifying to me! And I agree with Clare, this heart quilt is really like a sweet shop.

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

You made a smart quilting on this quilt. Respecting the previous shapes with your personal touch. I love the label too. It is a "grande finale" indeed.

Ms. Jan said...

Beautiful Spring Fling RR....hope it comes my way!

Lynn Dykstra said...

The chocolate color in this quilt is so pretty.
Good luck with all the celebrations you are preparing.

meggie said...

Good luck to Sarah.
Two Golden Anniversaries! The coincidences of your birthdays are amazing too.

Tanya said...

I like the latest heart quilt! So colorful! Have fun while your hubby is away!

alice c said...

Good Luck Sarah - from a sympathetic MissM who also did the RS exam!

Erin said...

your round robin quilts are very nice!!

Beertje Zonn said...

Your 2 quilts are lovely!
Kind regards,

Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
from the Netherlands

Kim said...

Nice to have the "hubby's out of town" sewing time. Your RR is very pretty. Wish my name was on it too! Did you sign on for the Four Seasons Summer Swap?

YankeeQuilter said...

The little quilts are great. I know what you mean about getting things done while your DH is away. Mine is in the states right now and the fabric explosion from last night is still all over the living room this morning...heaven!

Sherry said...

hi there, came to you via Jane, love the round robin and the ALQS quilts. I completely can relate--when my husband is out, I can get so much sewing done!

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Anne I just received the Spring Fling RR quilt yesterday. Oh my goodness, your quilting on it is absolutely divine!!! I love it! I'll take a picture of it tomorrow and do a proper post on it. But I just wanted to give you a quick heads up that it arrived safe and sound here in California. :-)