Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Farewell 2012 - here's to 2013...........

............ being a gentler, kinder year in the Bebbington household please.

I'm not going to bore you with details but the festive period and the lead up to it have been very tricky for the family with Nick's health taking a big hit and our capacity for coping with everything somewhat depleted.  But we have had wonderful support from the professionals and we are now looking forward and hoping for a positive, gentle 2013

On the sewing front I have recently completed three baby quilts for work colleagues and failed miserably to take a completed picture of any of them - never mind, two little girls have arrived safe and sound to make use of their pink themed quilts and a little boy is due to use his blue one in February 

Otherwise I also managed to complete the quilt I gave you a sneak peek of in my last long-ago posting


And here it is in use - the first big quilt I've completed for some time and I'd forgotten just what a challenge manoeuvring a 90" square for quilting on my Bernina is - but it was done in time for the recipient's 21st birthday on Boxing Day (26th December for non-Brits) and she loves it - so that means mission accomplished - all in plaids and neutrals with the centre machine pieced and the border hand appliqued

I now have a PINK!!! single bed quilt on the go for my 3yo niece who is yet to receive one of my creations -  a simple pattern using big blocks means it's going together quickly and should be ready to sandwich before I return to work for the Spring term next week - it is PINK!!! enough to satisfy her obsession with the colour but grown up enough to outlive her pre-school years and last to at least her teens

Just leaves me to wish all of you a very Happy New Year - may your days be filled with lots of stitching and your rotary cutter never go blunt 

9 comments:

alice c said...

Goodness - life can be bumpy and unpredictable sometimes. Wishing you all a calmer ride in 2013.

sewkalico said...

That's a great quilt Anne! I hope you have a better year and wish all the very best for you and your family in 2013 from your friend in Yorkshire!

Tanya said...

Wishing you the best in 2013. I've missed you in Blogworld.

Chookyblue...... said...

yes missed you in blogland...hope it is a happy and healthy 2013.......

Jeanne said...

Happy 2013 Anne! I hope this will be a good year for your whole family!
Jeanne

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Good to read your news and see that you are still sewing :o)

Hope 2013 is a better year for you all. ((hugs))

McIrish Annie said...

I'm with you. out with 2012 and good riddance! Here's to a new year of peace, prosperity, and happiness to all the Bebbs!

Love your quilt. the hand applique makes it so special.

AnnieO said...

Very Happy New Year to you as well! I second the stink of 2012 and was glad to see it leave. Your jewel box quilt is lovely and I'm pleased to know that stitching has continued in your hectic life!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Good bye 2012...hello possibilities (2013. I love your jewel box quilt. Wonderful done in those cheery colours and the plaid vine applique making is so special.