Saturday, January 12, 2013

Oh dear...........

............. sob sob!!!


I was just merrily stitching away attaching a binding to a new table runner for the coffee table in my lounge when my machine seized.

Further investigations from me and my wonderfully mechanically minded husband came to a sorry conclusion....

..... my walking foot is dead

In the words of Monty Python in the Parrot sketch (pardon any inaccuracies):

Dead

Deceased

No More

Extinct

Pining for the Fjords

Gone to meet its Maker!

Fortunately I was just about at the end of the binding in question and managed to complete it with the standard foot

Unfortunately the aforementioned Walking Foot, which cost me £49 about 15 to 20 years ago will now cost me between £95 and £100 to replace

I thought the original cost a King's Ransom - but this is another level altogether

On further investigation on the wonderful world wide web it would appear that non-Bernina equivalents are available at a fraction of the cost

The one I would need is an Alphasew P60443 to fit my Bernina 1090 and 1005

Do any of you have any experience of one of these and could give me an honest appraisal of it before I jump in with both feet and commit serious money to a replacement

All help in this matter would be very gratefully received

Now I'm off back into my corner to have a quiet cry ..............................



3 comments:

Clare said...

Oh Ann! What a nightmare! Have you tried Googling it and seeing if there any cheaper?

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Oh No...that is unfortunate. Seems sewing machines and their parts aren't getting any cheaper these days. Good Luck!

AnnieO said...

Sorry, no Bernina experience here.

Pining for the Fjords? lol