Friday, September 22, 2006

The Piggiosaurus




Lots of different bloggers have been talking about pincushions lately, so I thought I'd show you mine

I'm a great lover of the magnetic ones - as you can see from the photo it's by no means just for pins - basically it catches anything metal that I throw at it from pins and needles to empty bobbins and I have about four of this type of pincushion. Every now and then I have a real good sort out and separate their contents so each one houses something different but of course in mid creative flow I'm not quite anal enough to keep their contents segregated immaculately.

The other pictures show the two sides of my piggy - he was a secret santa present a couple of years ago and I keep him specially for my flower headed pins. The kids occasionally get hold of him and arrange the pins in a 'spine' all down his back - hence the name Piggyosaurus!

Mind you DS has taken to absent mindedly decapitating the heads off any flower pins he might find laying about whilst sitting watching the tv - you know a bit like unfolding paperclips when you're thinking about something else - so I think the Pig may have to go into hiding before he has no spines left!

9 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Anne OMG i am in LOVE with your piggyosarus. I want one!

Seriously though, this is a timely post. Must remember to make myself a pincushion - I am still diligently sticking all my pins back in the plastic wheel they came in!

quiltpixie said...

the pig is great! I love the idea of a small stuffed toy...

Dormouse said...

Piggyosaurus is fantastic. I want one so bad now. Mine's a little brown chicken known as Chicken Stickin by the boys. The dogs are always stealing him... the thought of all the pins in their mouths makes me cringe but they've never seemed to hurt themselves.

Shelina said...

Anne, That is an adorable piggyosarus.

His Office, My Studio said...

I too want a Piggyosaurus. What a great idea.

Finn said...

Hi Anne, love your porky friend..*VBS* He's quite the fine fellow, and probably looks very dashing with a backbone of pin heads.

I used to use a magnetic pincushion as you show, but it fell off the quilt frame once too often and broke into pieces. Plus I'm a dunce about NOT keeping it far enough from my computerized machine..bad move! Love the quilt for your sister. Hugs, Finn

Quilts And Pieces said...

I have to dig out some of my pincushions I guess. I love your little piggy!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Love your piggy. I remember making a toy just like him once but not sure where he is. Maybe someone should design a pincushion which is a hedgehog - or in my case an echidna.

ForestJane said...

Cute piggy!

But like you, I like my magnetic one the best. :)