Okay - correction - seven 'not so little stars' all in a row!
Well they are actually 6" stars completed so with 3/4" sashings between them the row comes out at about 48" in total
No matter how hard I try I really just can't do small :o)
The full challenge will I think end up with seven separate parts - now anyone with half a head for maths can tell that at this rate I shall end up with a square quilt which isn't what I'm aiming for.
So I've decided that, as well as completing each months theme in a row I will also put a light coloured background row of about probably 3 - 4" depth between them all and applique along it to match
This should end up giving me a centre of around 48" wide and 76.5" long.
Just the right size to put a nice border round for a generous single bed sized quilt
I've quite enjoyed pottering along this afternoon and evening putting this row to bed. I usually detest piecing, especially triangles but I purchased a set of 'Flying Geese Truing-Up' templates at Malvern the other year and have quite enjoyed using them on these stars - plus I've managed not to cut too many points off when assembling the row - definitely rising to the challenge for me on that!
The ladies don't know it yet but the next challenge will be 'Circles - or any part of'. This could mean applique, drunkards path, dresden plate, New York Beauty or bullseyes to give a few examples. The sky will be their limit!