Monday, May 29, 2006

Another baby for my garden



This is the new baby for my garden - a tradescantia with lovely three petalled pale purple flowers - mmm a germ of an idea for an applique design popping into mind there

Yesterday was a much better day weatherwise so we visited a couple of private gardens (hence the new plant) - much to the childrens distaste - but as I reminded DD1 we have spent far more Sunday afternoons freezing to death on a rugby touch line watching her play and it was her turn to do something we liked. A bribe of a cream tea (scone with jam and whipped cream to those of you uninitiated with a cup of tea) helped to ease their pain :o)

Here in the UK we have a scheme called the Yellow Book (because of the colour of the directory) whereby people all around the country open up their garden to the public on a day of their choosing and raise money for charity at the same time. The two gardens we visited yesterday just south of Taunton were lovely and gave me an idea of how to introduce even more clematis into my patch. After all in my opinion a girl can never have too many clematis! I can't get the blog to accept those pictures so I'll add it to another posting

No comments: