Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Butterflies completed






There we go - butterflies all present and correct - can't think why I didn't do them in the first place - what was it with those stars and swirls?

I like to do these butterflies and have included something similar on several of my previous quilts - they're so easy. The first picture which my limited computer skills won't let me put in the middle of my text shows you a turquoise and lilac cot quilt I'm almost finished for the same raffle as the green and red stars - just needs a binding. The butterflies just take two identical hearts placed carefully so that I can draw a line of dots for the body between them with a pigma marker in a matching colour. A couple of antennae and there we go. Simple but effective.

Also excellent practice for anyone who's not too confident on hand applique as the heart motif has an inner and outer point to help you get really proficient - go for it girls!

2 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

You are fast with the applique! The butterflies do look much better...good job!

tami said...

Very nice. I really like the butterflies.