Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Another one bites the dust!



Second of four completed! This is the cot quilt for the raffle at our show the weekend after next in aid of the local Radiotherapy Cancer Treatment Unit which is currently in the planning stages and all contributions gratefully received by them. At present people needing daily radiotherapy have to travel a round trip of over a hundred miles each day to Bristol - not pleasant if you're well never mind if you're undergoing that sort of treatment.

Slightly girly colours but would do for a boy if pushed. I've mainly machine quilted this with flowers similar to the sunflowers on 'The Brute' but larger leaves and smaller flowers not as intensely quilted gives it a softer snugglier feel - better for a baby. As I'm absolutely useless at following the lines I've hand quilted around the outside of each butterfly and a spiral in the centre of each flower.

Right onto the group 'Moon over the Mountains' quilt next - binding in navy blue which will need good light and definitely my glasses on :o)

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Confession - the extent of my machine quilting is a straight line (sometimes) and a stipple meandering move. Anne, this is beautiful and on a regular machine. What a gift for anyone. You've made we want to practice. It's like I thought the only way to do quilting like that was with a long arm. good---no--GREAT job.
Melanie

Felicity Grace said...

Super quilt, I love the colours! I'd hate to give this away but I'm sure it will be appreciated.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely! Those butterflies are so sweet - I though they were hearts - then I saw the butterflies - CLEVER! & the quilting is so appropriate for the quilt. Bravo.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Pretty pretty pretty! I hope your quilt raises a lot of money for such a good cause. Your quilting is lovely, thanks for posting such a great photo for us all to see - I need to practice with some flowers like that. I can't draw to save my life so following a line is more a part of my comfort zone.

quiltpixie said...

the quilting looks great! I'm still trying to master "in the ditch" with my domestic machine... :-)

Judy said...

Excellent job with the quilting! The actual quilting and picking the perfect thing for the quilt! Both are super!

kcdi said...

Your quilting is so very impressive! You did a beautiful job on all aspects of this quilt!

Fiona said...

That is so lovely and you are so clever, such pretty colours too - I'm in awe (again)!

Linda C said...

You are on a roll, girl! Way to go.

Anonymous said...

VERY pretty quilt. I hope it raises lots of money for the Centre.

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh it's beautiful Anne. SOme lucky person will appreciate the work you've put into it and it's all in the name of a great cause. WEll done you!

Ali Honey said...

Anne, thats lovely. Great colours ; great quilting. You must have a nice warm glow knowing you are helping such a good cause in such a lovely way. I hope it will be treasured. Congratulations.Hugs from Alison.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love this little cot quilt! You did those flowers by machine? You must have a long arm? The petals are so perfect! I love it!

YankeeQuilter said...

Great job on the quilting! I love the colors. You're really having a productive summer!
Siobhan

Helen in the UK said...

Love the flower quilting on this one - really nice :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

Looks gorgeous. I love the quilting on those big blocks. Really excellent job and a worthy cause.

ForestJane said...

I really like the colors too... and your lovely quilting makes the whole thing look super. :)