Monday, July 24, 2006

Busy as a bee - getting into the binding groove

Mother Nature is so clever - this 'not so little' bee was busy drinking away in my biggest sunflower quite oblivious as to how much pollen was gathering on him/her to transfer onto the next flower along the garden.


I've been busy doing lots of family stuff this weekend but have found time in and amongst to bind my 'Now I know my ABC' quilt that I made a la Tonya. I have four quilts to bind so started on the smallest first. The next one will be a cot sized one I've made for the raffle at our quilt show. then the group quilt which is generous single bed sized, again for that raffle, in a Moon over the Mountains pattern and then of course finally the largest 'The Brute' which at ForestJane's suggestion I shall change to 'Flightless Beauty' (a play on The Beaut!'

Watch this space for more photos - I have less than two weeks so I have to get my skates on but work finishes tomorrow so I'll have more time to stitch which is always a nice thing :o)

7 comments:

Melanie said...

How neat it would have been to have a quilt like that to teach your kids the ABC's!?!?!!?(Not neat enough to have another, personally....but it's still a great idea!!!)
Melanie

Melanie said...

How neat it would have been to have a quilt like that to teach your kids the ABC's!?!?!!?(Not neat enough to have another, personally....but it's still a great idea!!!)
Melanie

Darlene said...

WOW, WOW, WOW you have been busy, busy! Incredible quilting and piecing.

Shelina said...

what a cute idea to make an alphabet quilt! It's great!

Cute sunflower/bee pictures also.

Cathi said...

I am making an alphabet quilt for my 2 year old as well...it is on hold though...I really like the look of your one, hers has each letter in a 6 inch square...

You do great work! How do you do your freemotion patterns? They are beautiful, but do you trace them on or just wing it? I'm afraid to do more than a meander still...

Quilts And Pieces said...

I love your alphabet quilt! I need to make one! What a great kids quilt!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oooh, looks fabulous - great job!