Thursday, July 20, 2006

Monster #3 and 'The Brute' is almost done

Well 'The Brute' is well on the way to being completely quilted - my finger has recovered sufficiently to allow me to machine quilt and so I gave the machine a thorough cleaning, oiling and some TLC and then cracked on quite a bit more over the past couple of days. I now only have a section of about 24" wide by 48" long along one edge to do to complete the quilting - I may finish it this evening or definitely tomorrow - whoopee!

I thought seeing as how I showed you monsters #1 and #2 over the past week or two that #3 shouldn't be left out. These show two of the three sides to her nine year old nature - the blonde haired, blue eyed angel in the mouth of whom butter would never ever melt and the little horror (taken in this one about two years ago) who has a wicked sense of humour. You have seen the third facet to her personality in the rear view photo after the plait was amputated - a stroppy vile tempered little horror - appearances can be soooo deceptive!

9 comments:

Melanie said...

She's Beautiful. An angel for sure...well almost. I bet the halo only tips every so often... Can't wait to see how the quilt turns out.
Melanie

Linda C said...

And you love her just the same!

Finn said...

What a gorgeous kid!! And I'll just bet she keeps everyone on their toes...LOL

Doodlebug Gail said...

Cute kid Anne - sounds like there's never a dull moment when she's around. Can't wait to see finished pictures of 'The Brute.'

Judy said...

Such a cutie!! All her many sides!

quiltpixie said...

better a monster with personality thatn a parisite that sucks you dry :-)

kcdi said...

She is absolutely precious!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh my goodness - I just want to hug #3 to death! She sounds just like my blond hair blue eye little monster! Only mine isn't so little anymore!

jenclair said...

Priceless!