Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bullseye!!!



Here we go - bullseye blocks complete and stitched together in 5 rows of 6

This has been such fun to do and so quick.

I've made the odd error where I've two quadrants adjacent with the same fabric following on the same ring/background - but on the whole I'm very pleased with it.

I have far more blues than any other colour in my stash - two boxes each of both dark and light blue, 4 in all - these are removal company 'books cartons' that measure about 16" x 18" x 22" so that's a reasonable amount of blue to have amassed. The red bullseye on KC Quilter's blog gave me the idea of doing a single colour one so I may well go with the blues alternating light and dark from ring to ring and quadrant to quadrant - have thought about cutting diagonally but not sure I can be bothered with all those bias edges - we'll see :o)

Not sure what to do about the border for this one - DD1 suggested some rusty red with white daisies on which is the same fabric as one of the navy blues in the blocks - may go with that even though there is none actually in any block - then the navy counterpart for the binding - again we'll see.

Thanks yet again to everyone for their encouragement - it is fun to share :o)

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your scrappy bullseyes - so cheerful looking. The bullseye that I did several years ago is made of old fashioned fabrics. It looks completely different. After seeing your bullseyes and Jeanne's red, white & blue bullseyes, I am inspired to try another one and I think I will try a scrappy kind like yours. Are you going to add a border?

Doodlebug Gail said...

Anne, that is gorgeous! And so quick as well - lovely.

I can't remember where I found a link to your Blog, but I must tell you that you're on my "Blogs to read everyday" list. It's so nice to read about "cream tea and scones". I have a sister in England (Bournemouth)and am originally from South Africa where a lot of English traditions are still maintained. It also helps that I'm of English descent as well - LOL.

I don't have any suggestions for your border, but will read to see how you do finish it off.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your scrappy bullseye turned out great! Hmmmm, I never thought of just doing it scrappy like that! I may have to give it a try!

Jeanne said...

Wowee -- I don't peek in for one day and look what you've accomplished in the meantime!!!

WONDERFUL scrappy bullseyes -- aren't they quick and fun!?

Jeanne :)

Fiona said...

Fantastically scrappy - can't believe you've done them so quickly. This is definitely on my list to make sometime soon.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, wow, did that ever turn out gorgeous!!! You did a great job. Now I am inspired to get mine finished.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheee, you're on a roll. You didn't make any "mistakes" - all design choices!!! Looks wonderful.