Just had time last night (in and among swimming with the kids - only managed 16 lengths as I had to share supervision with DD1 = and the usual chores) to stitch up a few more bullseye base blocks and cut them into four ready for arranging and assembling.
However just before it was time for bed the creative juices crept up on me with the red fabric. I actually ended up washing it twice with one of those colour catchers. The first one came out quite red, the second time it was only very vaguely pink - so I think I've cracked that. I'm glad I did wash it twice though. Pink letters on a football quilt wouldn't have been particularly masculine.
As you can see from the picture I made a start on the lettering with the first four letters of Liverpool. Amazingly I've managed to get them all a similar size which while not essential would be quite nice if only for the main word. DS spotted it this morning on my cutting bench and grinned from ear to ear. In favour there then. DD2 seems none the worse for wear after her brush with the 'scissors of doom' yesterday so we've all survived that little trauma - thank goodness!
Only working 'til 1 pm today so I'm off to - guess where - yes you got it, the swimming pool again - getting addictive this now :o) Right better round them all up for school!