Tuesday, May 22, 2007

And another checked shirting binding

Well I must be on a roll.
Another finish tonight.
My tulip table runner, the concept for which I copied from May Britt, is complete (Sorry you'll have to scroll down to early April 07 to see her version - I can't seem to get a direct link to her posting.
Nigel was away in Kendal overnight and Monday night is nice and quiet regarding kids' committments, so I settled down to sandwich and quilt this without the usual interruptions. It did help that it's not that big a piece of work - about 16" x 32"
Then I picked a particularly bright charity shop shirt fabric for yet another bias checked binding - I had used it for a couple of the tulips.
As you can see if you look closely I added a little caterpillar to my collection of bugs
And here it is in all its completed glory.
Now - whatever next? ...............................

18 comments:

Patti said...

Marvelous! Love, love, love the plaid binding on the bias.

Elaine Adair said...

This is so cheerful, happy, bright, and spring-y! LOVE the caterpiller, and other 'critters'. Great job! I tried to find May's version, but was not successful, but I'll bet hers was wonderful also.

Doodlebug Gail said...

Lovely - now .... I want what you're on! Is it the water or your vitamins? LOL Yes, you're definitely on a roll, and a good one at that.

atet said...

That plaid binding is perfect for this table runner. I love the humor of that little catapillar hiding in the tulips! It's wonderful!

Fiona said...

I love it - the binding is just right and it's amazing how adding the bugs just gives it that little bit more interest.

May Britt said...

It is so nice with the caterpiller and the bee. Love your version.

Hedgehog said...

Just love that checked binding - especially that it's a chartiy shop shirt! Can't believe how productive you've been lately!

Kim said...

That turned out great, and that binding really completes it well!

Clare said...

Gorgeous- love the bugs, especially the bee.

sewkalico said...

You make me feel like I shouldn't be reading blogs, but getting on a roll myself! Well done - it's really lovely.

Lily Mulholland said...

Anne what an inspired idea with the binding! Very cute indeed.

YankeeQuilter said...

This came out so cute! love the bugs...Big pat on the back...

Joyce said...

It's super cute. Well done!

Libby said...

Just darling - the caterpillar is a perfect addition and you can never go wrong with bias plaid binding. Yummy.

McIrish Annie said...

Anne, it is a really cute piece. I love the buzzing bumblebee!!

BTW, all your talk about the fabric from charity clothes now has me hunting at my local shop!! LOL.

meggie said...

Lovely lovley! So fresh & cute.

Ruth's Place said...

It's lovely, I especially like the bugs.

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

I love the bee!