Monday, May 14, 2007

One year old!!!

During the Spring of last year I gradually built up a collection of blogs saved in my favourites that I read most days. Loads of quilting and craft inspiration plus an insight into the lives of allsorts of different people from all over the world.

It all started with Bonnie at Quiltville - I'd been drooling over her patterns for some time and then she started to add the instructions from Tonya for her free-pieced letters. On from that there were lots of others I loved to read, Jeanne, Dawn, Mel, Fiona to name but a few.

So I decided the time had come to start my own blog primarily to be able to leave comments on other peoples blogs but once hooked I realise what a proper old windbag I really am and here we are one whole year down the track and almost 250 posts later

What a lot of lovely people I catch up with now most days. It is generally human nature to want to communicate and what other way would we get to 'speak' to people from all over the globe.

So I decided to do a giveaway for my first bloggiversary

I knew somewhere I had the pattern for a reasonably quick and easy bag saved onto the hard drive of one of the computers. I found it and here it isa little purple number!

All you need to do is put a comment at the end of this post and I'll draw someone's name from the hat and post it off to the lucky recipient later in the week.

As I said yesterday I've completed Spencer's Stars

Lily commented that I've not really taken this quilt to my heart as I've been working on it despite the fact that quite a few of you have liked it

However today, when we had a hiatus in the very heavy rain we've been having of late, I took the opportunity to hang it out on the washing line for its final photocall.

And now I can see it in all its glory you know I really think it's grown on me

I hope he gets to enjoy lots of lovely naps beneath it

You can see from the quantity of leftover fabric in this picture just how close I was on the 'hessian' colour for the binding

And now it's finished I can go back to playing with things of my colour choice - much more fun!

PS - a very happy belated Mother's Day to all those of you around the world who celebrated it this last weekend - of course here in the UK ours is long gone, back during Lent, and most of us would probably say that we're privileged to be mums, surrogate mums, aunties, grannies and daughters everyday - even when our offspring and/or parents are at their most trying :o)

32 comments:

May Britt said...

Happy blogiversary!!! Your give away bag is georgious.
A big hug from Norway

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Great bag! I really love the "all neutral" quilt. Great quilting on it.

Fiona said...

Ooh, lovely bag - I've got that pattern myself but never made it so count me in for the draw. Happy Blogging Anniversary!

MARCIE said...

Spencer's quilt is fabulous! And your quilting is outstanding! Well done!

Melanie said...

Congrats on keeping up with your journal for a year!!! Spencers quilt turned out beautiful.

The Calico Cat said...

Happy Blogiversary!

(Is the "hessian" the dark or light on that quilt?)

Clare said...

Happy blogiversary. I have really enjoyed chatting with you over the last year and swapping silly mails about nothing at all! Thanks for all your help too with Qs4L.

Spencer's Stars is lovely.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy Bloggiversary! I hope you keep writing for more years to come...I love hearing what you have to say.
Spencer's quilt is stunning! Well done for finding a sunny moment to get a picture!

tami said...

Happy Blogiversary. Isn't it fun to have friends all over the world?

Joyce said...

Happy Anniversary. Spencer's quilt is totally beautiful. I'm sure he'll enjoy napping under it.

CONNIE W said...

Well a Happy Blog-versary to you. And I would love to be the winner of the lovely bag so please count me in. :)

Ruth's Place said...

Happy blogiversary!! I love the finished quilt! It's stunning, and the bag is very cute too.

Finn said...

Hi Anne, happy blog-aversity! Time does fly..*VBS* I popped over this a.m. to say thank you for all the warm and supportive comments you have left for me. And altho I'm tragically sad(and bad)about getting around the ring, I promise to do better and am so grateful for those who find my musings to be worth reading. Please forgive my repeated absence. A very belated happy mother's day to you also. I love yor description...zany..just my type! Hugs, Finn

QuiltingFitzy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Spencer's Star quilt is AWESOME!

McIrish Annie said...

Happy blog day to you!! 1 year old! you spring chick! I love Spencer's quilt, it is really striking. what I really love is that little old bag you made. pick me pleeeeeezzzzzzzzzzze!!

Does having the same name give me an advantage>?? LOL
I love visiting with you every day!

atet said...

Happy bogiversary! pick me! pick me!

hortenzita said...

Happy Blogiversary!
Spencer's quilt is more than beautiful. What a huge work was quilting it.
Purple is my favourite colour! ;-)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your blog anniversary and on your finished quilt. The quilting is awesome! If you have the same weather as we have here, you were lucky to find a spot of sun to hang your masterpiece! Take care.
P.S.: your give away looks lovely.

meggie said...

That lovely quilt for Spencer is beautiful. The quilting just makes it- well done!
Love the bag too, very pretty colours.

KC Quilter said...

Happy, happy blogiversary, Anne!!!

sewkalico said...

Well done on keeping up with your musings. Rest assured we all enjoy reading your ramblings LOL. It's nice to have cyber-friends who have the same interests and the same thread problems. I get found out everytime I sneak off to sew with all those pesky threads! Would love to be considered for the draw please and am glad to read you're feeling brighter.
Spencer's quilt is brill - if had been me, I would have got the quilt maths completely wrong and been in a right pickle. I'm sure his Mum will be thrilled to bits as will he (if my boys and their quilts are anything to go by.)
Happy Blogaversary,
Karol-Ann

Libby said...

Happy blogiversary. Spencer's quilt is more lovely each time you show it - the quilting is just stunning.

His Office, My Studio said...

Happy Blogiversary! I am glad you started blogging or we would of never met.

Tracey in CT said...

Happy Blogiversary!!!! Your bag is beautiful, and my favorite color, too!

Kim said...

You know, the real beauty in Spencer's Stars is your quilting. The simple almost non-colors just enhance the quilting, almost like a white-on-white quilt but with a little more interest. I guess I love it for its elegance. Just a really stunning job!

Tanya said...

So glad you are a blogger! As you know, you are the first blogger I made contact with and my how my world has grown since I found you! Thank you for the inspiration I've gotten from your quilts (especially that heart and star quilt) and your advice and friendship and glimpses into your world.

Anonymous said...

Well, since you extended the deadline, I guess I'd better leave a comment. Love the bag, love the quilt and I hope you pull my name out of the hat :-)

Lily Mulholland said...

Oh Anne, Spencer's quilt is just gorgeous. I am totally in love with it and hope that one day my quilting can be at least in the same realm as yours!!!

I am not worthy!!! LOL

And happy blogiversary!

Nancy said...

Well Happy Bloggiversary! And Spencer's Stars turned out great! Not my personal color choices either but just lovely. Boy you really did cut it close on fabric. But look at it this way - now you aren't stuck with scraps in colors you're not fond of.

YankeeQuilter said...

The bag came out great! Glad you could find a moment of sunshine to take the photo!

Happy blog-versary!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Happy Blogiversary, Anne! The quilting on Spencer's quilt is absolutely incredible! Well done!! I'd love being part of your drawing on this auspicious occasion. I hope there are many years of blogging to come!

KC Sunshine said...

I also love Spencer's quilt and really covet the lovely purple bag! That one is really my color. Thank you for sharing your creativity!