Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Confetti top completed........

I've had a really pleasant afternoon today.

I finished work at my normal time of 1.30 and headed straight home - No visits to the supermarket necessary today, thank goodness.

So I got straight on with the borders on my confetti wallhanging - didn't even stop for a bite of lunch - no wonder my tummy was rumbling by the end of the afternoon.

The two youngest do tag rugby training after school on a Wednesday and from this week Sarah has been roped in to help train them.

This meant that I had the luxury of total 'me' time completely alone in the house from about 1.35 until 4.20 when I went to collect the three of them.

It's amazing on the one hand what you can achieve in that amount of time and then on the other hand it also never ceases to amaze me how long what I perceive to be a 10 minute job can take.

Here it is - the completed top finished literally just before I walked out of the door to go collect them.

These colours are totally true to life as I took the photo on the back lawn - you can tell from that how dry the weather's been here of late. Ignore the black starry fabric around the edges that's only the backing fabric although once quilted I may well bind the piece with the black mottled fabric to give it some definition.

I'm delighted with how it's going so far.

13 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

I absolutely love it! the colors are fabulous, the borders are great and I would definitely bind it with the background fabric. You jumped on that Confetti train and rode it right into the station! Nice Job!!

Pippa Parsons said...

I love the quilt and would definitely keep the border, it looks stunning !!
Can I ask where you got the pattern from, I've looked online but can't find it and would love to make it for my unborn *baby* quilt.

Unknown said...

Pippa - I hope you look back at the comments on here as I can't seem to either find your email address or any way to comment on your blog - I didn't have the pattern just looked at the original quilt and made it up from there

Hedgehog said...

This is great! Congrats! What are the dimensions?

Juliann in WA said...

Wonderful! I played around with some fabrics last night and I just have to make one of these.

Libby said...

Wow - that came together so nicely. You sure can tell when a project pleases the maker . . . it just all fits together and you can't stop working on it.

His Office, My Studio said...

Great quilt and fabrics!

Quilting Memories said...

Hi Anne, don't think I have commented on your blog before, but have been reading it for a while now. Just had to let you know what a fabulous quilt you have just made. I LOVE it. The colors are just perfect and the background fabric works great i think!!!!! Hope I will someday be able to look at a quilt and be able to make one. AH, I'm afraid I have started quilting too late in life, to complete everything I want to do!!!!!

Mary Johnson said...

I have that pattern in one of my books and it's on my list of projects to do one day. Your version looks wonderful.

meggie said...

I love this quilt. I think that black would look good as the border.
You really get things done so quickly!

Fiona said...

Great little quilt - it will definitely brighten up your workspace.

Kate North said...

The triangle blocks are fabulous, Anne - might well have to nick that one myself. They'd make great starting points for postcards, I think. Hmmm...

Jenni said...

It's a lovely little quilt. Good for charm squares?