Saturday, May 05, 2007

Visitors do get in the way of stitching, don't they?

Monday is a bank (or public) holiday shuffled along from the 1st - May Day. Unlike the French who always take the holiday on the actual 1st regardless of which day it is, we have the first Monday in the month of May making a long weekend.
Despite an iffy forecast for the weather it was lovely today so as Nigel's parents are down staying with us for the weekend we took them up to Fyne Court which is on the edge of the Quantocks about 2 - 3 miles up behind our house. If you recall this is also the place I managed to get the beautiful snowdrop photos earlier in the year.
The bonus as you can see is they've converted one of the buildings to a tea room - scones with jam and cream - scrummy!
After that we took the 'outlaws' for a drive through the Quantocks and stopped for a short while near a local reservoir
This is DH in pensive mood
And the cow parsley is also just coming into bloom - hence the foreground feature in this photo - just trying to take something other than the usual views
Not much stitching with the visitors here
Just a little bluework - so easy to pick up as you sit and chat or watch the tv together - I thought I'd have a go at the snowmen I saw a few of you working on over the winter - one down, eleven to go
And I've been cracking on with my 365 Challenge Blocks - although I may well have a little bit of catching up to do on these when our house guests depart on Tuesday
Finally here are two of the autumn blocks I've received for the 4 Seasons Swap - must get my thinking cap on and work out what to do for mine now.

9 comments:

Doodlebug Gail said...

What a quaint looking place for a lovely tea garden! That's one thing I love about visiting England - you can always always always get a decent cup of tea! No matter where you are, the tea is always good.

Cute little bluework snowman.

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you're doing the 365 challange.. I can't wait to start mine June 1st

Quilter Kathy said...

You have been very busy!
Your 365 blocks are great - I really like your little sketches and the different ink colours you use. Your blue snowman is adorable!

atet said...

What a fun little snowman, and I understand about visitors. Now, if I can just get back to my machine...

Tanya said...

Oh, I should have known you're an artist too (drawing-wise). I love the little sketches you've done on the 365 day challenge blocks. If I could do something like this... I still have committed myself to this project but I'm thinking about it.

Lily Mulholland said...

My Anne you have been busy since I last stopped by!

You are doing such beautiful work - I love seeing them all.

Incidentally, what stitch are you doing for your blue work/embroidery?

The confetti quilts look like a lot of fun!

YankeeQuilter said...

The weather seems a lot more like spring April was! Now if we could just get a few showers so I wouldn't have to hand water my runner beans!

What is this 365 challenge? I really like the snowman!

Juliann in WA said...

Looks like a lovely outing. Our weather has been so grey - I am longing for more hours of sunshine. Love your blue snow guy and your 365 blocks are coming along.

Libby said...

What a terrific spot for tea - I can just imagine enjoying an afternoon of refreshment and stitching right there.