Thursday, May 24, 2007

From all to nothing - so to speak

Well the roll had to stop yesterday - just no time at all to even look at a needle never mind pick one up. The creative juices are still flowing though so I might get back to something later today

Tanya showed a picture of her daughter going out to her prom the other day, so I'm in proud mum mode now - if you don't want to look at pictures of teenage girls dressed up to the nines click away now :o)


Last night was Sarah's rugby presentation dinner and as a lot of the girls are around school prom age they opted for a formal dress code. Sarah's prom isn't until next year so we had to go out and buy a dress for this but it was worth it, thank goodness for good old TKMaxx.


So lots of tarting up and getting ready before having to be out of the house for 6.45pm


Here are the proud parents and daughter leaving the house (thank you Wendy next door for kindly pressing the button on the camera) Ignore that rather large bump on the mother's derriere it's an optical illusion - I'm actually a tall slim sylph like size 10 really (I wish - in my head I guess) Why do cameras never lie. And please do ignore the very elegant wellington boot rack by the open door too :o)


This is Sarah and her boyfriend Dan as we arrived at the rugby club - sweet!


The ageing parents (and boy I did feel old looking at my grown up daughter) sitting at the table - Dad has already had a couple of pints so is looking a little daft! Oh no sorry that's normal.


A close up of Sarah as we had some photos done out on the pitch


And this is of the whole group on that pitch - they just about managed to resist dragging each other to the ground on the way to a try. I guess the groundsman got a good deal getting his grass spiked with all those stilletto heels for nothing


And this is one of the other larger than life characters in the team with her rugby shorts on under her dress ?!?!?!?!? Sarah said she'd intended to do the same but her shorts would've spoiled the silhouette of her dress.


And finally a bevy of beauties back in the clubhouse. Incidentally the arm cast and the crutch are a result of rugby injuries on both parts. However they do all scrub up pretty well don't they?

16 comments:

Clare said...

If I remember rightly, rugby club dinners are very rowdy. Is it the same with the girls? How's the head this morning?

Tanya said...

What fun! I can't believe Sarah is as young as you say. I would have guessed college age (but I've seen her rugby pictures too!) And yes, don't they all look like beauty queens. I love the cast and crutches! Proof that they really are GOOD rugby players.
Hey! You're pretty good looking too! Great picture of you at the dinner!

Lily Mulholland said...

Don't you just love dressing up? I had to laugh at your photo file name!

Yes, I too am sylph-like. In my imagination. Great photo of Sarah in the grandstand.

Love the rugby shorts under the dress!

And doesn't Nigel scrub up well!

Melanie said...

I feel like a family friend now. Thanks for sharing the photos. I even showed my daugther. Looks like our two could be friends...

Juliann in WA said...

Isn't it funny to see those girls all dressed up after watching them in their rugby shorts all year? We had that same experience when our daughters played ball. Looks like everyone had fun.

CONNIE W said...

What a group of lovely young ladies. How nice that they could enjoy the formal after the season of games and hard work. Great photos!

KC Quilter said...

You must be so proud of Sarah! Lovely young lady!!! And, yep, those gals DO clean up nice!!!

Doodlebug Gail said...

Oh what lovely photos! You'd never guess that they were a bunch of rugby players when they're all dressed up so beautifully.

YankeeQuilter said...

It looks like they all had a great time! Sarah looks wonderful.

Jeanne said...

What fun! Great pictures of you all!!
Jeanne :)

Libby said...

Thanks for sharing the photos of the family and the team - I bet they are all counting down to next season already *s*

Sew Create It - Jane said...

You all look lovely and what proud parents!

Saska said...

Great pictures!
Love the boots by the door..looks SO familiar.

McIrish Annie said...

What great pictures!! your daughter is beautiful. and you and your guy don't look bad either.

Ahhh,, rugby - they say it's a gentlemen's game, or gentlewomen, in your case. which explains the cast!! LOL

Fiona said...

She looks so grown up - but I was tickled to think that only the weekend before she'd been sent up to bed for arguing in the back of the car!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh these pics are wonderful! Your daughter is beautiful, and such a wonderful dress! I love it! Isn't it fun to see them all dressed up like that! I'll have to post some of my daughter from her prom a few weekends ago...